What is Livagen peptide?
Livagen is a short peptide containing four amino acids: lysine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glutamic acid. As a bioregulator, this peptide directly acts on the DNA structure and affects its functionality. The critical effect of Livagen is how it acts on chromatin and human genes, making users more youthful and energetic.
DNA is a double helix structure surrounded by proteins called histones. These histones bind together, forming chromatin, and several chromatins then condense together, forming the chromosomes. These chromosomes are crucial to forming genetic material specific to each being. For Livagen to work, it ‘de-condenses’ these chromatin materials. As a result, the genes that had become non-functional in aged people become active, improving cell activity and production. This is believed to be how Livagen causes higher energy levels, improved skin elasticity, and an improved immune system.
What are the primary benefits of Livagen peptides?
Livagen peptide, upon administration, acts on the lymphocytes and reactivates the ribosomes by ‘unpacking’ the chromatin and modifying the gene expression. These lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell that is essential in attacking foreign impurities entering the system and enhancing the immunity of humans. In this manner, Livagen is believed to improve the immune system by coordinating cellular responses and controlling inflammatory responses. T. Lezhava et al., who conducted a research study on 75 to 88-year-olds, stated that “These results indicate that peptide bioregulators Epitalon, Livagen, and Vilon cause activation (deheterochromatinization) of chromatin in lymphocytes of old individuals.”
Additional Benefits of Livagen Peptides
- Cardiac disorders such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), atherosclerosis, and cardiac injury are characterized by dysregulation in chromatin structure. A bioregulatory peptide such as Livagen is believed to be helpful to combat this. Studies[4, 5] have demonstrated that Livagen peptides help reduce specific long-term effects of such heart disorders. In fact, this peptide is also believed to help prevent this disease in genetically at-risk individuals.
- Another study focused on peptide administration in the presence of cobalt ions to evaluate their combined effect on chromatin structures. The study demonstrated that this combination effectively beats this disease as it causes the decondensation of chromatin. The results of this study are stated to be critical “because it provides new information about the protective effect of Livagen and Livagen + Cobalt ions on the lymphocytes of HCM patients and their relatives and may lead to the development of a therapeutic treatment.”
- Enkephalins are naturally occurring proteins that bind with delta receptors and reduce pain. Bioregulatory peptides such as Livagen act on enzymes and prevent the degradation of these proteins, thereby increasing enkephalin levels in the body. In this way, the peptide decreases pain levels in the body.
- Livagen peptides have the potential in treating gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease. Livagen increases the signaling stimuli by the vagal nerve in the gastrointestinal tract, leading to increased prostaglandins and nitric oxide synthesis. This enhanced production, in turn, produces significant gastroprotective properties, preventing any severe ailment.
- As people age, their DNA structures alter, changing the types of genes expressed. These alterations lead to increased condensation of chromatin and decreased cellular repair. The Livagen peptide reverses these alterations, improving cellular functions and ‘reversing’ aging. Besides aging, specific chromosomal abnormalities may also be addressed through Livagen, based on the exact mechanism.
What are the side effects of Livagen peptides?
While studies are still ongoing to determine the safety profile of the Livagen peptide, listed below are some commonly observed effects, mainly observed in sensitive people:
- Pain, swelling, and redness at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms may occur temporarily
Livagen has shown excellent results in mice when administered subcutaneously but yielded poor results when taken orally. Currently, this peptide is available in solution or injectable form, meant to be administered subcutaneously.
Livagen is a short, potent peptide that reverses aging, making one youthful and energetic again, with an improved immune system. As a bioregulator, Livagen decondenses the chromatin structure, activating the ‘sleeping’ cells in the body and rejuvenating the cellular processes in aged people. This peptide has also shown promising results in pain control and protecting the gastrointestinal tract and cardiac muscles.
The Livogen peptide posed no serious risk to humans during the trial studies. Despite being an excellent peptide with several benefits in the therapeutic field, this compound is only available for educational and research purposes. It should not be consumed or used by humans.
- National Human Genome Research Institute. Chromatin. May 10, 2022. https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glossary/Chromatin
- Khavinson VKh, Lezhava TA, Monaselidze JG, Dzhokhadze TA, Dvalishvili NA, Bablishvili NK, Ryadnova IY. Effects of Livagen peptide on chromatin activation in lymphocytes from old people. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2002 Oct;134(4):389-92. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12533768/
- Lezhava T, Monaselidze J, Kadotani T, Dvalishvili N, Buadze T. Anti-aging peptide bioregulators induce reactivation of chromatin. Georgian Med News. 2006 Apr;(133):111-5. PMID: 16705247. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16705247/
- Dzhokhadze Ta et al., Functional regulation of genome with peptide bioregulators by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (by patients and relatives), December 1, 2013. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Functional-regulation-of-genome-with-peptide-by-(by-Ta-TZh/ddda519986d5793a0aedc2293f00f0e5fa540b4d
- Lezhava T et al., Activation of pericentromeric and telomeric heterochromatin in cultured lymphocytes from old individuals, 01 Apr 2007. https://europepmc.org/article/MED/17460203
- [Effect of peptide bioregulator and cobalt ions on the activity of NORs and associations of acrocentric chromosomes in lymphocytes of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and their relatives]. Georgian Med News. 2014 Sep;(234):134-7. Russian. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25341254/
- Kost NV, Sokolov OIu, Gabaeva MV, Zolotarev IuA, Malinin VV, Khavinson VKh. Vliianie novykh peptidnykh bioreguliatorov livagena i épitalona na énkefalindegradiruiushchie fermenty syvorotki krovi cheloveka [Effect of new peptide bioregulators livagen and epitalon on enkephalin-degrading enzymes in human serum]. Izv Akad Nauk Ser Biol. 2003 Jul-Aug;(4):427-9. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12942748/
- Girls K, Rónai AZ. Supraspinal delta- and mu-opioid receptors mediate gastric mucosal protection in the rat. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001 Jun;297(3):1010-5. PMID: 11356923. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11356923/
- Lezhava TA. Funktsional’nye osobennosti khromosom cheloveka i starenie [Human chromosome functional characteristics and aging]. Adv Gerontol. 2001;8:34-43. Russian. PMID: 11582753. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11582753/
NOTE: These products are intended for laboratory research use only. Livagen for sale (20mg) is not intended for personal use. Please review and adhere to our Terms and Conditions before ordering.
Dr. Marinov (MD, Ph.D.) is a researcher and chief assistant professor in Preventative Medicine & Public Health. Prior to his professorship, Dr. Marinov practiced preventative, evidence-based medicine with an emphasis on Nutrition and Dietetics. He is widely published in international peer-reviewed scientific journals and specializes in peptide therapy research.